Hosting Your Website
Website hosting is the computer server where your website is stored so people on the internet can view it. In most cases this consists of renting space on a server that is maintained by a company that specializes in servers.
For most websites our basic hosting package will take care of your needs. The cost is $10 per month or $110 per year. If you expect high use of your website you might need an advanced hosting package, please see the table below for prices.
You can find lower cost hosting but quality is not always as good as it could be. You want to be sure your website is available 24 hours a day, every day. GetSirius hosting is a good balance of cost and reliability.
All shared hosting plans at GetSirius come with the following, and more:
For most websites the Basic Shared Plan will provide more than enough web resources. If you are going to need more bandwidth or storage there are advanced plans available for a reasonable price. If you will require a dedicated server please contact us.
|Website Hosting, Shared Plans||Dedicated
GetSirius has partnered with a very reliable service that maintains their own data center. Some of the features include:
- Round-the-clock monitoring of all hardware, including routers, switches, UPS systems, and servers.
- State of the art Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Multiple diverse entry fiber connections to major reliable carriers such as Level 3, XO Communications, Global Crossing and Cogent.
- Solid network uptime! Well over 99.9%.
24 hour a day hardware and network technicians on site.
- Direct IP Allocation from ARIN.
- Nine 20-ton Liebert HVAC units with a glycol heat exchange system. Temperature maintained at 72°F and 40% humidity for maximum server reliability.
- Redundant power backup through a Liebert 600T series online, double-conversion UPS unit. Distribution managed through multiple PDUs and sub feeds with Automatic transfer system over 3000 amp 277/480Y Asco automatic transfer switch & bypass isolation.
- Kohler 610kW Diesel generator with 5 day fuel supply and established refueling contracts from multiple suppliers.
- A Pre-Action Dry Pipe fire suppression system protects against fire. The design couples advanced fire detection sensors with a dry pipe sprinkler system providing security from false discharges without sacrificing safety.
- Security aware Data Center with key card access limited to only active employees and unauthorized access attempts sound alarms with police response.
- Interior and exterior CCTV and DVR off-site recorded Surveillance system. Multiple access controlled areas allow control of who accesses equipment along with digital records of all entry and exit times for correlation to surveillance data.